Call for Proposals
The IoT Vertical and Topical Summit on Tourism (IoT-VTST’21) solicits the following types of proposals:
- Key talks: presentations on solutions, field-trials, deployment experience, hands-on activities, and technologies to highlight the challenges in the development of Hospitality Industry 4.0, which may have also been presented and/or published previously. An extended abstract is required, not to exceed two pages.
- Panels: the panel topic should be innovative and should foster discussions among the different Summit stakeholders to foster the role of IoT as a pillar for sustainable urban development related to the Summit Topics. An extended abstract is required, not to exceed two pages, which should also include the potential panelists.
- Technical presentations: these are original and novel technical contributions with a technical paper that will be published in IEEExplore. Suggested size is four pages; papers up to six pages will be accepted.
Submission Instructions for key talks and panels
IoT-VTST’21 will be hosting both Key Talks and Forum Panel Sessions. Presentation materials will not be published in the conference proceedings but will be available on the conference web site.
Key Talks and Industrial Forum Panel proposal should contain an abstract, scope, intended audience, objectives, prior history, an outline, the biographical sketch of presenter(s), and any other information that may assist in making decisions. The material proposed should be of high relevance to the technical program.
Proposals must be submitted electronically via email to the Technical Program Chair:
Michele Nitti – University of Cagliari
Submission Instructions for technical presentations
The IoT-VTST’21 solicits full paper technical submissions describing original research. Suggested size is four pages; papers up to six pages will be accepted.
All papers must be submitted in PDF and US letter format. Submitted papers must conform to the IEEE formatting guidelines as specified in these Word and LaTeX templates.
Conference proposals must be submitted electronically via edas:
Submission deadline: 17 May 2021
Notifications of acceptance: 28 June 2021
Camera ready: 19 July 2021
Summit Theme Related Ideas
The IEEE IoT Vertical and Topical Summit on Tourism seeks submissions in the following areas, but not limited to:
Personalizing the tourism experience
- Context and situation aware services
- Self-forming services
- Affective IoT
- Quality of Experience
- Smart museums/digital heritage
- Social Distancing
Improving the transport services for tourists
- Connected vehicles
- Intelligent transport
- Mobility as a Service
- Passengers counting
IoT and tourist hospitality
- IoT multimedia and societal impacts
- Energy efficiency and comfort management
- Identity management
Digital tools for tourism
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Cloud/edge computing
- Artificial Intelligence/machine learning
Enabling a more accessible tourism
- Enabling barrier-free destinations
- Developing assistive technologies
- Inclusive tourism experience
- User-aware services
If the submission of the technical paper is accepted and presented, it will be included in the conference proceedings and be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. IEEE takes the protection of intellectual property very seriously. All submissions will be screened for plagiarism using CrossCheck. By submitting your work you agree to allow IEEE to screen your work for plagiarism: http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck/index.html